Anthem is a $92 billion health insurance company. It is the largest for-profit healthcare organization within the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. Anthem gives its members the care they need through quality products and services. With more than 73 million people served by its affiliated companies, including nearly 40 million enrolled in its family of health plans, Anthem is one of the nation's leading health benefits companies. One in nine Americans receives coverage for their medical care through Anthem's affiliated plans.
Anthem, a significant user of offshore, needed a U.S. based alternative. An onshore organization capable of: scaling resources based on the needs of projects, experienced in supporting and integrating into offshore teams, depth and breadth in data-related technologies and expertise in customized application development.
Eagle Creek provided multiple onshore teams to Anthem, including:
- 24x7 Informatica Tier 3 support team for U.S. and offshore change requests.
- Data warehousing team supporting Anthem’s enterprise-wide Teradata warehouse.
- Business Intelligence teams building mandatory state healthcare reports.
- Application development teams building new web applications to support the changing requirements of the business.
- On-demand technology teams to supplement and support new or ongoing projects.
- Metadata management and support team.
With these onshore teams, Eagle Creek eliminated numerous high-cost onsite resources while replacing offshore teams that could not meet the quality demands of the Anthem organization.